Sunday, April 11, 2010

Product Review



Summer is coming so I've been looking for some new products to help me control my oily skin. Although I work with Dermalogia, this is my first time using it on myself and I found that their 'Dermal Clay Cleanser' is a MUST for people with overactive sebaceous glands like myself. First off, it's a cleanser made of clay (as the name states, lol.) Clay absorbs oil so I recommend anyone with oily skin to use a clay masque on their skin twice a week to help control your skin's oil production. I like this product because you can "feel" the product working. It contains menthol, so you get a tingly sensation as you work it into your skin. The menthol helps to calm irritated skin. In addition to the clay and menthol, it contains purifying botanicals that help to refine your pores (makes them appear smaller since oily skin tends to have bigger pores) It's also supposed to help prevent future breakouts. I'd use this cleanser twice daily followed by an oil free or gel moisturizer. If you have oily skin, it's very important to moisturize. Although oily, your skin can become dehydrated which will result in your body over producing oil to try and compensate for the lack of moisture in the skin. So moisturize, moisturize, moisturize :o)

Another product I found from Dermalogia is their 'Clearing Mattifier.' This is a product you would use during the day after cleansing but before moisturizing. It's made out of silicone but it does not feel heavy at all. You apply to the places where you're likely to get oily i.e., your t-zone or places where you have breakouts. In conjunction with helping to providing oil control, this product helps heal any breakouts you might have and prevents them from reoccurring. It also contains ingredients to help smooth fine lines and smooth your skin texture. So this also has great anti-aging benefits! (talk about killing two birds with one stone) This product is a favorite amongst my acneic clients.

For more info about these or other Dermalogica products, visit www.dermalogica.com

Xoxo,

Cee

No comments:

Post a Comment